09 December 2008

Time is flying!!!

I know, I know, you didn't think you would hear from me again huh. It is sort of difficult for me to get a chance to sit down and actually post one of these things. Between work, the kids, the horses and the husband, who really has time.


I can't believe it is already February. Time is just flying and I feel as though I am not accomplishing anything! My hubby's birthday was yesterday, he is now 34. He and I went to Pat's of Henderson for dinner Sunday night and then saw Underworld - Rise of the Lycans afterwards. I LOVE those movies... this one was pretty good too, although the sound did not come on when the movie started so my hubby went and complained and after 5 min of not understanding what we were seeing up on the screen the sound came on and it took us the whole movie before we understood what we saw in the beginning. Wasn't too bad, we got some free tickets for another movie and you know how expensive movie tickets are! Overall we had a good time. The kids stayed home with Grandma while we went out to dinner.

My grandmother, my dad's mom, is now living with us. She has been living in Austin TX for the last 5 years or so and decided it was time to come home. She is 71 yrs old and the house where she used to live and raised her family in is no longer livable...termites have infested all the support beams on the house so she can definitely not live there. She has started applying for apartments but with her fixed income they are hard to come by. So we will just see what plays out for now. She has no vehicle or anything either so has to depend on me or my truck so she can go to the store or to doctor appts. I am just fortunate that she is able to get around as well as she can. My hubby LOVES having her here. The other night while I was at work she cooked him beef heart and liver....YUCK!!! I figured since I was not at home it wouldn't be too bad and I would not have to smell it...boy was I wrong...when I returned home the next morning my house stunk! I told my hubby that I hoped he enjoyed his dinner because it was the last time he would be cooking that in my house! He will either have to take that nasty stuff outside or get my dad to cook it over at his house!

I don't have time to post pics today since I am trying to get our taxes together but I will post some soon. I got a new camera and I have yet to read all the instructions on how to hook it up to the computer so I can download the pics I have taken so far...so look for them in the future...how far in the future is questionable...but I will do my best!


Until next time...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah, I was beginning to wonder about ya, you blogger slacker!! This time of year is just super busy. And that heart and liver sounded gross!! Where does that boy get his taste for foods from????

Anonymous said...

Yeah - it sounds like ya'll are quite busy! I'm sure having another hand in YA'LLS house is great. Maybe she can come and stay with us for a week or two!