11 April 2009

Good Friday Crawfish...YUM

So I can't remember ever not having crawfish on Good Friday: well... except when I wasn't home during the time I was in the Navy, but other than that I have always gone to my dad's house where he would boil up anywhere from 70 - 90 pounds of crawfish, and of course you can't have crawfish without potatoes and corn on the cob. They also boiled some onions and mushrooms but I am not a fan of those two things so I can't tell you how they tasted but everyone who did eat them enjoyed them. We had a great day and we had wonderful weather to boot.


The kids godparents brought a bowl of fruit, and on top of the mixture of cantelope, watermelon and grapes where the sweetest strawberries I have had this year...they were delicious.


Here is my brother diggin in, he lives in New Orleans now so he is close to home and can come in for the holidays. He was in Missouri for several years and we didn't see very much of him but he is back and definately making up for lost time... (or lost meals...lol)

And here is my baby sister, who has a baby of her own now which took me like forever to get used to and I still have to pinch myself sometimes... Her little family was able to make it in from Mobile AL. They usually make it in for most holidays as well so we are fortunate enough to get to see my little nephew on a pretty regular basis!

Well, I had to put him in here too.... here is the hubby. Sucking the heads, YUCK! Crawfish brains and fat is not something I think I would enjoy so... I just don't eat it! I love crawfish but not quite THAT much! And yep, that is his single crutch leaned up on the chair to the left, he is currently down to one crutch and we hope he will be healed up soon enough to be off them completely... (and go back to work...lol)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is some big crawfish, the ones tonight were small!! Those strawberries looked yummy!! I could have gone for some of those. Good fun.

Anna Larson said...

Man I'm jealous, I lived in Louisiana for a couple years and absolutely LOVE crawfish!!! But we can't get good fresh crawfish over here in New Mexico.